Christoph investigates absorption process on metal oxide surfaces in order to identify catalytically viable materials which may have the potential to play a key role in large scale industrial applications. Furthermore, modification to Nanomaterials are being studied to enhance targeted properties. This will allow the use of these compounds in a wide variety of industrial and scientific applications.
- 2012 PhD in Chemistry, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand (Advisor: Prof. Hicham Idirss and Prof. James B. Metson)
- 2006 MSc in Chemistry, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany (Advisor: Prof. Michal Ruck and Dr. Tilo Söhnel)
- 2013- current Postdoctoral Research Fellow at AIBN, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2011 Research visit (5 months) with A/Prof. Hofmann’s group at the Eskitis Institute, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- 2008 - 2009 Research Associate II under the supervision of Dr. Paul S. Bagus at the University of North Texas, Denton, TX, U.S.
- 2007 Research visit (3 months) in the group of Prof. Wöll’s at the Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
- 2006 Research visit (10 months) in the group of Dr. Söhnel at the University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Grants and Awards
- 2007-2011 MacDiarmid PhD scholarship
- 2008 Department of Chemistry funding grant, $NZD 500 for a collaboration visit at the Ruhr University of Bochum, Germany
- C. Rohmann, Q. Sun and D. J. Searles. The Interaction of Al, Ti and Cu Atoms With Boron Nitride Nanotubes (BNNTs): A Computational Investigation. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2016, 120, 3509-3518.
- C. Rohmann, J. B. Metson, H. Idriss, A DFT Study on Carbon Monoxide Adsorption onto hydroxylated α-Al2O3(0001) surfaces. Phys. Chem. Chrm. Phys 16, 2014.14287–14297
- C. Rohmann, C.H. Sun and D. J. Searles. CO2 Activation and Conversion on Majority and Minority Faces of TiO2Anatase. Abstract of Paper of the American Chemical Societ, Dallas, TX, United States March 2014
- C. Rohmann, J. B. Metson, H. Idriss. DFT study of carbon monoxide adsorption on α-Al2O3(0001). Surface Science, 2011, 605, 1694–1703
- C. Rohmann, Y. Wang, M.Muhler, J.Metson, H. Idriss, C. Wöll. Direct monitoring of photo-induced reactions on well-defined metal oxide surfaces using vibrational spectroscopy. Chemical Physics Letters, 2008, 460,10-12
- T. Söhnel, L. Kienle, C. Rohmann, M. Ruck and F E. Wagner. Tin Clusters under the Electron Microscope? The real structure of Ir4CoSn19O18 and Ir10CoSn45O45. Proceedings of the 32th Annual Condensed Matter and Materials Meeting, 2008 27:1-4
- T. Söhnel, C.Rohmann, M. Ruck, L. Kienle., F. E. Wagner. Crystal Structure and Characterization of Ir4MSn18O19 and Ir10CoSn45O45.Proceedings of the NZIC, 2006, 2, 91-93